Paper Couture by Paper&Peony


Hello lovelies!
It's been a while since my last post but there is so many good reasons for that!

First, let me share with you one of my favourite project of this summer so far!
Victoria, one of team member of Design 42 contacted me with an image of a famous painting 
by Anna Halldin Maule as inspiration. (image above)

For so long I wanted to create paper couture pieces but time always ran short...
When Victoria asked if I could replicate in a smaller scale the headpiece for one of her bride, I said YES! 

I first started by designing a prototype so Victoria and her bride could see and feel 
what could be the final product. 
Once they received it...the project was confirmed and the creating process began!
I had to built it in a way that it was conformable to wear so, since I source a lot of my materials on Etsy, I found Debra from Aunt Lily's Shop  who sales millinery supplies. I ordered round hat/fascinator base that I mounted on a wide fabric covered headband.
I literally lost myself when I began mounting the flowers...Creatively speaking, I entered a zone only artists knows it exist...it was liberating! 

Now, enough with words...Let the images speak for themselves!

Prototype by Paper & Peony

Prototype by Paper & Peony 

Couture Headpiece by Paper & Peony

Couture Headpiece by Paper & Peony

Couture Headpiece by Paper & Peony

Couture Headpiece by Paper & Peony


Couture Headpiece by Paper & Peony

Thank you Lovelies for stopping by!
~ Chantal xx





SaveSave

Comments

  1. The beauty about this place is that they give you a somewhat blank canvas where you can create the wedding you envisioned, etc., which will be different from others. The staff at Chicago wedding venues is incredible and professional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts