Featured Artist of the Week: More Paper Than Shoes


 

Hi Lovelies! 
I'm so glad you stopped by because this week we are getting up close and personal with the fabulous Anna Fearer - artist and owner at More Paper Than Shoes!
Are you ready for some major inspiration boosters?

Many of you who've been following Anna are familiar with her beautiful paper flower collection and fantastic custom designs for high end clients.  
 I'm pretty sure many of her followers became paper flower artist selling blooms worldwide because they attended Anna's famous tutorial classes! 

Did you know Anna's fabulous floral designs inspired me even before I started making paper flowers? Back in days, Anna had a monthly challenge featured on her blog and I was part of the Design Team to create an inspiration design for the following month challenge. I learned so much during those months...I'll be forever grateful to have crossed Anna's path all these years ago.  

Now, let's hear from the artist herself! 
I asked Anna a few questions and here is what she shared with us:

How or why did you start making paper flowers?

I found myself one day in my garage going through some old scrapbook boxes. I notice that I had a lot of scraps left over from the scrapbook layouts I had created and for some reason I could not bring myself to throw them out. I took a punch that was next to me and started punching out flower cuts. The retro flower punch by EK Success to be exact. I had a lot of petals after I was done so I started to stack them and play with them. Next thing I knew my scrappy friends started asking me if I would sell some of my flowers to them. I loved making them so much and the demand was very high so I started selling on Ebay. Now I create flowers for all kinds of projects, events and clients. 
There is so much joy creating something out a simple piece of paper to make another person's space in this world a little brighter.

What is your most important artist tool? Is there something you can’t live without in your studio?

My most important tools are PanPastels and Inks. I can't decided which one I need the most. They are both equally important to me and my creations. Natural light is also another thing that I find I must have in my studio to make sure that the colors are blending well. When arranging flowers in a bouquet natural light helps with color balance too. My advice to anyone reading this would be make sure that you have a lot of natural light where you work. 

What is your dream paper flower project?

To work with Preston Bailey. Hands down my DREAM job! He is a remarkable designer when it comes to working with flowers. He brings ,working with flowers, to a whole different level! His imagination is wild and fun. He also has a romance for flowers, you can tell in the way he works with them. I could go on and on about him and his work. If you see me in Barnes and Noble, you will most likely see me with one of his books in my hand and a coffee in the other.

Favourite or most inspirational place?

Anywhere outside. I reallyl love walking the botanical gardens and photographing all the different types of flowers. This one might be a little strange when it comes to flowers but I am really inspred by old architectural buildings. They do not make buildings or homes like they use to anymore. The detail they would use to put in the brick work, you could be there for hours finding all types of pretty little ornaments peeking out at you. They used a lot of ornamental details in the 20s and 30s that I adore. Since  those details flutter my heart and stimulate my creative side, I try to bring that into a lot of my bouquets. Details are my favorite thing about making a bouquet. 

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Anna's gorgeous floral compositions:






Are you inspired yet? 
Thank you for joining us for this week's amazing feature! 
How wonderful it was to get to know our blog guest Anna!

You can follow Anna on Facebook and Instagram
and here is her lovely online shop if you wish to treat yourself with her fabulous creations!

Until the next time, don't forget to share this post!
Sending virtual hugs!


Comments

  1. I stumbled upon Anna several years ago on social media, her flowers and creations left me in total awe. I spent several hours just looking through her gorgeous flower photographs and wondering to myself if they were really paper or if they were actually real...lol I took an online class from Anna and her method of teaching was very easy to comprehend and to follow. Her upbeat, positive attitude really adds that much more to her beautiful creations. Each and every flower is just as perfect as the last and her eye for color is amazing! (Leah Lynn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah! Yes...Anna's flowers are stunning and her sweet personality is truly reflected in her beautiful work!

      Delete
  2. I have been FB friends with Anna for quite sometime now. I LOVE all her flowers. I have even gone in search of them in Chicago. She is truly an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Anna's flowers are fabulous! She is a true artist!

      Delete
  3. When I started making paper flowers for fun and friends a couple of years ago, I searched online for paper flower artists who used cardstock as their medium. I found Anna’s More Paper Than Shoes, and I have followed and admired her ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Anna can surely transform pieces of cardstock into fabulous blooms like magic! Her work is inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Her flowers are so beautiful! Looking forward to using them for my daughter’s wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! How wonderful Korrie! Congrats for your daughter's upcoming wedding! How exciting!!! Your wedding flowers are in good hands! Anna's creations are simply amazing!!!

      Delete
  5. I am an absolute fan of her work it amazes me how she creates such beautiful flowers out of a simple piece of paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling Jacqui! The paper flower art is quite amazing!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Many years ago I found More Paper then Shoes, it struck a chord. There is someone like me who could think of a name like this and so relatable to me. Making paper flowers is something I learnt when I was a teenager. Anna’s flowers were absolutely amazing. I had never seen anything like that made by hand. I became a fan instanly and still am. She inspires with her every creation. I never had a chance to learn from her but is in my bucket list. I make paper flowers now and then and wish to make like hers someday.
    Absolutely love her creations. Best wishes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dreamer, yes...Anna's flowers are amazing! I love her signature style that we can recognized her flowers amongst many! She's a true artist from the heart!

      Delete
  7. Her flowers are beyond beautiful. I found her by accident on Facebook and have been in love with her beautiful creations ever since. She inspires with every creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Carole! Anna's beautiful paper flower creations have inspired so many of us!!!

      Delete
  8. The beauty of Anna's creations always leaves me speechless. It just seems unbelievable that she could take a piece of paper and fashion it into such beautiful flowers. I have been a fan of Anna for several years and she always inspires her fans to try making her new designs. I'm sure that Anna's beautiful soul is the reason for all those exquisite creations. They come from her heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! My Goodness Gnells...So beautifully said! Thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. Years ago when I saw Anna's flowers I truly loved them. She at that time had a few tutorials on you tube and that's when I got hooked. I made my very first flower and was so happy with it. Thank-you Anna for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly, so many of us can thank Anna for being such an inspiration with the paper flower making art! A beautiful hubby and very addictive!

      Delete
  10. chickahdee16@gmail.com
    I love Anna’s flowers. I wanna make paper flowers now. Hopefully it will look good as hers. I wonder if she has tutorials on her flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Aren't Anna flowers gorgeous! So inspiring! We'll have to ask Anna if she'll be doing more classes in the future! Happy crafting!

      Delete
  11. Became a gramma today. Her paper flowers make everyday more beautiful. Loving life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Nancy! How wonderful! And you are right...Paper flowers are beautiful and they last forever! Enjoy your new role as a grandma! I have 4 grandchildren and I love them to pieces!

      Delete
  12. I love Anna's flowers. A few years ago I enjoyed an online class that she offered....I learnt so much! My favorite thing to do is make flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful to know Tracey! Anna's classes were very appreciated by many! And yes paper flower making is a very addictive hobby!

      Delete
  13. I 'met' Anna online a couple or so years ago when she was giving tutorials on how to make her beautiful flowers. I learned so much. Her work is the most beautiful i have ever seen. She is an amazing woman, and extremely talented. So glad I have learned from the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, yes...Anna's flowers are stunning! And you are right...you learned from the best!

      Delete
  14. Anna inspires me to try and perfect my flower making! Her flowers are so beautiful. Someday I would love to meet her and ask her a billion questions and just watch her at work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna is so amazingly talented! She is such an inspiration not only as an artist and business woman but as a person as well! I worked with her for my wedding flowers and they were truly the star of our wedding! She has gone through so many personal challenges but still takes the time to help make a bride’s vision come true. I look forward to the day that I can order more flowers from her for a special occasion! I might have to branch out and get some of her succulents next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sister turned me into more paper than shoes because I make cards with flowers, I was blown away. Anna has a sense of color and her artistic talent was beyond the norm. Been a fan ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts