Paper Couture: Dior at Saks Fifth Avenue


Good day my sweets!
It's been a few busy weeks - Yes...Busy with awesome projects starting with the hundreds paper roses I made for the talented designer Maria Enza Finamore who created the window concept of a Dior display at Saks Fifth Avenue in Palm Beach! 
The surface covered with my paper roses measure (8ft x 8ft).
I started by making a few samples of my different paper rose styles. The client really liked the one with more dimension. 



To make this rose I used the same technic as the Peony in my book (page 23) by curling each of the petal with a round shaped measuring spoon to create the curvy look! Then I gave it a different shape to create Rose petals! To make one rose I need 6 petal layers with 5 petals on each layer!  
Flowers measuring from 3 inches to 6 inches diameter. 
Here are some photos Maria kindly shared with me of the fabulous Dior window making process!







How F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. this window display look?
I wish I was there in person to take lots of pictures! 
You can follow Maria on Instagram

Here is the link of my book I mentioned earlier - filled with colorful photos, tutorial and templates:
Until my next story...Take good care my sweets!








Comments

Popular Posts