How I feel about the 2019 PANTONE COLOR


So, my sweets...there it is!
PANTONE announced on December 6th what we've been waiting for  - the 2019 Color of the Year: Living Coral  and it's F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. ! 

Every December I impatiently wait for the announcement so I can make a few blooms in the new color and POP the news on social channels to my followers showing off my paper flowers using the hashtags #PANTONE2019  and  #PANTONEcoloroftheyear.

For this year's post I made a small bouquet of my "Sophia" bloom 
that can be found in my book on page 39 (templates included).
I used crepe paper for the leaves.
PANTONE 2019 LIVING CORAL 

Although it's one of the hardest hue to match when making paper flowers, this shade of coral evoke nothing but happy vibes! Are you feeling it? 
It's been define by PANTONE as "an animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge. Vibrant, yet mellow PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral embraces us with warmth and nourishment to provide comfort and buoyancy in our continually shifting environment."

As to fashion...it appears that I'm very much in love with coral when you look at my favorite handbag from Kate Spade New York and my DIOR lip gloss. 
I also have skirts, shoes, scarves with pops of coral...it's like I'm so drawn to the color and yet when you ask me what is my favorite color I always answer CYAN (a greenish-blue color) which you'll often see in my photos!
Magenta Anemones captured on a Cyan backdrop
Chapter Five Page 141 in my book "Bold & Beautiful Paper Flowers"

Anyway, I certainly connect with Living Coral way more than last year's Pantone Color which was "Ultra Violet".

PANTONE COLOR 2018 ULTRA-VIOLET

In my book on Chapter three I had to include a project called "Fifty Shades Of Purple" because even though I do not personally connect with the color purple, every time I post on IG or FB a bouquet made with purple paper flowers it's always a huge hit! 

People LOVE purple and if you are one of them then it says alot about you too! Apparently, you are sensitive and compassionate soul who generally thinks of others before yourself. 
Well...How about that? Purple lovers!

"Fifty Shades Of Purple"
Don't you find interesting how much the colors influence every things in our every day lives.
Colors influences our decisions and often we can't make decisions about which color to paint the walls...I find this fascinating!
And YOU - What is your favorite color? Let me know in the comment section below and if you have time...tell me why you like that color! 

I can't wait to read your picks!




Comments

Popular Posts